[ PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 1895, January 06, 1984 ]
AMENDING PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 876 DATED JANUARY 16, 1976, CREATING THE POSITION OF UNDERSECRETARY OF NATIONAL DEFENSE FOR CIVILIAN RELATIONS.
WHEREAS, with the appointment of a Deputy Minister for Police Matters, there is need to amend pertinent provisions of Presidential Decree 876 by deleting therefrom any reference to the "Integrated National Police";
NOW, THEREFORE, I, FERDINAND E. MARCOS, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution, do hereby amend Presidential Decree No. 876 as follows:
SECTION 1. Section 1 of the Decree is hereby amended to read as follows:
"SECTION 1. There is hereby created an additional position of Deputy Minister for Civilian Relations in the Ministry of National Defense."
SEC. 2. Sec. 2 of the Decree is hereby amended to read as follows:
"SEC. 2. The Deputy Minister of National Defense for Civilian Relations shall have the following functions:
- a. Establish and maintain effective liaison between the Ministry of National Defense and the Ministry of Local Government and local governments, for the purpose of coordinating local development efforts;
- Promote coordination and cooperation, between the units of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) in the field and local executives and authorities;
- Develop programs and formulate policies and guidelines for the supervision and operation of the Office of Civil Relations (OCR).
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of troop information programs designed to instill in the soldier the conviction and determination to uphold and advance the ideals of the New Society;
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of public information programs that will enhance the prestige of the armed services and thereby inspire the confidence of the people in the organization;
- Monitor the activities of military units/personnel assigned to civilian agencies of the government;
- Oversee the activities of veterans organizations; and
- Such other functions as the Minister of National Defense may assign to him from time to time."
SEC. 3. This Decree shall take effect immediately.
Done in the City of Manila this 6th day of January, in the year of Our Lord, nineteen hundred and eighty-four.